- Day Returns Coach Travel
- Optional tours & personal expenses
Journey through the Western Australian wheat belt to Wave Rock, one of Australia’s most incredible natural monuments. Visit the historic township of York and view other significant formations of the area.
York: Situated in the Avon Valley, York is one of Western Australia’s most picturesque towns with charming architecture. This town was the first inland European settlement in Western Australia, founded back in 1831. Be sure to take a short stroll along the main town strip and see many of the old buildings which are still in use today.
Dog Cemetery: Drive through the rolling farmlands, get a glimpse of Australian country life passing the infamous Dog Cemetary, a shrine to man’s best friend and an integral part of farming life. (Not a stop)
Hippos Yawn: Another rocky outcrop in the area, named because of its resemblance to a hippopotamus yawning.
Mulka’s Cave: Hear the Aboriginal legend of Mulka and view the imprints of his hands which can still be seen in the cave today.
Wave Rock: East of Perth you will find Wave Rock, a giant surf like landmark of multi-coloured granite which is over 2700 million year old. This natural monument is so iconic as it appears to crash into the ground below – creating a wave like landscape.
Wildlife Park and Antique Lace Collection
If time permits wander through the wildlife park where you can enjoy time seeing kangaroos, emus, wallabies, wombats, koalas, lizards and a wide range of birds. Alternatively view the antique lace collection, dating back to the 1600’s. These hand and machine made lace products are housed in beautiful hand crafted cabinets.
Stop to view wildflowers throughout the tour whilst they are in season. Varieties include the orange flowering Christmas tree, Kangaroo Paw, Banksia, Wattle and Everlastings.
- Journey through Western Australia’s wheatbelt to Hyden – home of Wave Rock, truly one of Australia’s most incredible natural landforms. Leaving Perth we head through the Perth Hills and escarpment and enter farming country. Heading east, we enjoy morning tea (at your own expense) at historic York, the first township founded in the Avon Valley. From there we travel the Wheatbelt Highway through the agricultural towns of Corrigin and Kondinin; through outback farming country – giving a glimpse of Australian country life passing by the infamous Dog Cemetery, a shrine to man’s best friend and an integral part of farming life.
- Then visit Hippo’s Yawn, a rock formation which resembles a hippo yawning. We then break for an Aussie country style lunch at the Wildflower Shop. Whilst here, visit either a Wildlife Park, view a unique Antique Lace Collection – even featuring lace from Lady Diana, or visit the amazing Toy Soldier Museum. Then we move on to see the spectacular prehistoric rock formation of Wave Rock and sacred Aboriginal sites. Leaving Wave Rock, we visit Hippo’s Yawn and Mulka’s Cave.
- We return to Perth with a stop at a remote country town for a light afternoon tea and snack (at your own expense) arriving approximately at 8:30pm.
- Child fare ages 4-12 inclusive.
- Infants aged 0-3 inclusive are free when travelling with an adult.
- This tour may not operate on certain public holidays, please enquire at time of booking.
- Please wear comfortable walking shoes, bring a hat and your camera.
- Hotel drop-off is not included. There is a centralised drop-off at the Wellington Street Tourist bus stop.
- Please advise of any dietary requirements at the time of booking.
Profusion of wildflowers depends on weather and other conditions; therefore, we cannot guarantee sightings. Wear comfortable walking shoes, bring a hat and your camera. Please advise of any dietary requirements at time of booking.
/* Style Definitions */
mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt;
mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman";
- Full payment requires to confirm booking
- No change, no cancel
- Non-refund after booking confirm, payment received & voucher issued
- INSURANCE: We strongly recommend travel insurance and QueenTours & her wholesalers will not be held responsible for costs, loss of deposits and payments made or other fees incurred due to cancellations resulting from unforeseen circumstances, medical conditions or changes to travel plans.
- Please check the time and date of the trip on the ticket, the ticket is non-refundable, after the tour has departed QueenTours will not refund any unused ticket.
- QueenTours right to cancel tours, amend fares & itinerary & apply surcharges without notice. No refunds will be given in the event of any delay subject weather condition.
- Tours have been arranged by QueenTours and in co-operation with other principals and agents and is offered to the holder and deemed to be accepted on the understanding that no action shall lie against QueenTours whether by any act, default or negligence on their part or that of their servants for any accident, delay, alteration in time or changes, re-arrangement, injury, misrepresentation, loss or damage what so ever to the holder or to the property of the holder arising out of the performance or non-performance.
- COVID19 - There is an issue from the government of health regarding Covid19 closures for travel. We will fully refund also the doctor's certification requested if you sick.
- Wear a face mask if it is hard to maintain 1.5 metres of physical distance from others or if you have COVID-19 symptoms.
- Please prefer to our general terms & conditions