- See the largest fishing fleet in the Southern Hemisphere at work and unloading their catch.
- Meet local fisherman as they drop off the catch of the day from all over the Eyre Peninsula, and learn about our seafood industry from ocean to plate.
- Dine on fresh, premium seafood for lunch.
- Be touched by the natural beauty throughout the Port Lincoln National Park.
- Experience the most spectacular coastal scenery in South Australia and soak up sensational views from ancient cliffs.
- Be amazed by the best Koala experience in Australia and sample local beverages and produce while sitting back enjoying the surrounding nature & wildlife
- And much more!
- Seafood lunch
- Afternoon or morning tea
- Bottled water
- Selected local beverages and local produce platter
- Fully-guided by a local, experienced guide
- Entrance fees and activity fees
- All equipment
- Hotel pick up and drop off and airport transfers (only on day of tour)
** Please note lunch is served in line with our CovidSafe Plan, buffet lunch currently not offered due to COVID Safe protocols.
- Other personal expenses
- You'll meet our local fishermen and find out how your favourite fish are caught and prepared for market
- Visit the Southern Hemispheres largest fishing fleet going about its work at the commercial marina.
- Experience nature & wildlife while traversing the rugged Lincoln National Park and even go for a small hike.
Tours operate on weekly departures all year round except on Blackout Dates listed. Tours can operate on Black out dates however significant surcharges apply.
Black Out Dates
|Easter Holidays||2 - 5 April 2021|
|ANZAC Day||26 April 2021 (25 April)|
|Queen’s Birthday||14 June 2021|
|Labour Day||4 October 2021|
|Christmas Holidays||24 – 28 December 2021|
|New Year’s Eve||31December 2021|
|New Year’s Day||3 January 2022|
|Australia Day||26 January 2022|
|Adelaide Cup Day||14 March 2022|
In booking a tour, the traveller:
- Accepts the physical risks involved in the tour
- Must not commence the tour if they are unfit or become unfit to participate in the tour by reason of ill health or injury
- Is responsible for the safekeeping against loss and protection against damage of all personal effects of the traveller
- Must take out travel insurance covering tour cancellations, inability to travel or continue the tour for any reason, loss or damage of personal effects, medical, evacuation and repatriation and accidental death or disability
- Suitable walking shoes
- Water bottle
- Comfortable clothing
- Small day bag or backpack
- Swimmers and towel
- Insect repellant
- Personalized toiletries and medication
- More than 30 days prior to tour departure and less than 60 days, the traveller must pay a 25% cancellation fee of tour price (deposit).
- More than 15 days but less than 30 days prior to tour departure, the traveller must pay a 50% cancellation fee of tour price.
- More than 7 days but less than 15 days prior to tour departure, the traveller must pay a 75% cancellation fee of tour price
- Less than 7 days prior to tour departure, the traveller will pay a fee of 100% cancellation fee of the tour price or if you leave early whilst on tour.
- No refund will be made to the traveller for unused services booked and travellers are bound by these terms and conditions by the booking in their own right or having a booking made on their behalf by another person from the time of booking. Cancellations must be made in writing to the company. If a force majeure circumstance necessitates tour cancellation of the tour, then the traveller must rely upon any travel insurance they hold for compensation and where possible, we will substitute an itinerary with similar experiences.
- A minimum of 2 travellers is required for a tour and we may cancel a tour if minimum numbers are not met. We do not accept liability for loss or damage to baggage, sickness or injury, or additional expenses caused by factors beyond the control of the company.
- In the instance where we book outside operators, we must abide by their cancellation policy. This is the case for any Shark Cage Diving Tours or Swimming with Sea lion Tours. Once booked the Shark Cage Dive/Sea lion Operators will charge between 10% - 20% if you cancel prior to 48Hours and no refund within 48 hours of tour.
- Considerable care has been taken to compile the information on our website and brochures, but circumstances may necessitate changes. All itineraries are subject to change or cancellation without notice. In terms of any third-party suppliers cost increases, government charges or changes in costs, we will advise clients at time of booking and pass these costs onto the client.
- It is unlikely that a tour would be cancelled, however Australian Coastal Safaris have the right to cancel tours with less than 2 passengers if deemed necessary unless tour is on a private basis.
- Australian Coastal Safaris operates two luxury Toyota Landcruisers VX 4WD, with a maximum of 6 passengers or from 7 to 24 passengers in our Mitsubishi Rosa Deluxe coach.
- Personal Travel Insurance is strongly recommended and encouraged for all tours, to cover loss of deposit, airfares, accommodation charges, medical expenses, loss or damage to personal property and repatriation expenses.
- The insurance policy should also cover loss arising from the passenger’s inability to travel due to any reason whatsoever. Please note that it is the passenger’s own responsibility to arrange insurance.
- We will not be held responsible for any personal injuries or loss, damages or expenses of property or to a person travelling.
- All bookings must to be placed 4 weeks in advance and subject to availability
- Full payment requires to confirm booking
- Non-refund after booking confirm, payment received & voucher issued
- It is a reputable, licensed and accredited Tourism Operator whom travels through regional, coastal and Outback regions of Australia, which are sometimes remote and isolated. We do reserve the right to alter itineraries, transport and accommodation as the need arises due to adverse weather, road, mechanical failure or any other operational conditions. Wherever possible, an alternative itinerary of similar inclusions will be provided if required, due to unforeseen circumstances.
- We has the right to cancel any tour in the event that a minimum group number is not attained or adverse natural conditions in which case any money paid by you will be refunded in full.
- We do have discretion to withdraw from or curtail any person’s participation in any tour or activity, which due to their mental or physical condition, is such as to render them incapable of caring for themselves or become objectionable to other passengers or they become a hazard to other passengers or themselves.
- The traveller and company agree that a binding tour contract incorporating these terms and conditions will be formed when company confirms the traveller’s bookings, which it will do on receipt of the deposit or tour cost.
- We are not responsible for the actions, defaults or negligence of any travel or accommodation providers it engages for the purposes of the tour except where the loss or damages arises from a specific direction given by us to those providers. Travelers should direct all claims to those providers and be aware that they are bound by the conditions of travel or accommodation imposed by those providers.
- The traveller is responsible for all loss or damage arising through his or her own fault. We will not be liable for any illness, injury or death sustained on a tour by reason of the traveler’s medical condition. We will not be responsible for and the traveller releases company from any liability arising out of any medical condition suffered by the traveller during the tour or as a consequence of the tour.
- The traveller indemnifies and holds harmless company and its officers, employees and suppliers against all actions, proceedings, claims, demands, expenses and costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis and whether directly incurred by or awarded against company) as a result of or arising in relation to, whether directly or indirectly, the traveller booking or participating in the tour or any act or omission by the traveller in relation to the tour.
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, all implied conditions and warranties regarding the provision of services by company under these terms and conditions are excluded. Company liability in relation to any non-excludable conditions or warranties is limited to (at company option) either delivering the services again or paying the cost of providing similar services again. In any event, our total liability under this Agreement (including for loss or damage to baggage, compensation for distress, disappointment and loss of enjoyment) will be limited to the amount of the tour price actually paid by the traveller to company. To the maximum extent permitted by law, company excludes and the traveller releases company from all other liability, including without limitation any consequential or special damages or costs, arising directly or indirectly from or in relation to the services provided in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- Any booking shall be subject to and construed in accordance with the laws in force in South Australia and the parties agree to submit to the jurisdiction of the courts of South Australia.
- Please prefer to our general terms & conditions